Hi Denise here...
Art Foamies and Distress Oxide Inks, match made in heaven I think! I love the results I got using this combination! The backgrounds you can create are endless! I was a while trying to decide what I wanted to do with the paper I had created. I decided to finally do something that seems to be a big craze lately....Artist Trading Coins!
1. I like to start with my lighter colors of Distress Oxide ink first. Just apply some ink on your piece of plastic, spritz with water and then smoosh it onto your piece of watercolor paper. I heat dry the ink inbetween each layer of color as to be careful not to make mud.
2. When you are happy with your background color start stamping with your Art Foamies. For stamping I chose brighter, more vibrant colors. The Art Foamies I used are Dandelion Mix by Red Tin Roof and Foambination Gemetric Patterns by Einat Kessler. For the larger Art Foamies I put ink on the plastic, spritz with water, stamped the Art Foamie into the ink and then stamped onto my paper. This gives it a more watercolor feel. For the smaller ones I just stamped my Art Foamie directly onto the ink pad and onto the paper. And the Art Foamies clean up so easily. Just a little spray of water and stamp onto paper towel! Easy as that!
3. For my final bit of stamping I used Hero Arts pigment ink in Unicorn with Cat Kerr's Art Foamie, Rustic. I applied the ink directly to the art foamie and it turned out Fabulous!!!
4. Your next step is to cut out some circles! I used a Making Memories circle cutter but you can use whatever you like. A circle punch, Silhouette, Cricut, scissors, whatever you have. I also doodled around some of the stamped images with a paint pen and stabillo all pencil. Just so they would pop out even more!
5. I took my circles to the sewing maching and sewed around the edge of each circle three times. I like the messy look and added detail it gives. This is totally optional. I then chose pictures to glue down and added some rub ons. I kept it really simple and I love the outcome!
If interested in the Youtube video as well, here is the link:
1 sheet of watercolor paper, 11x15 inches
Distress Oxide Inks, colors of your choosing
A piece of plastic, could be packaging from a stamp set or stencil, a piece of acetate
Spray bottle with water
Dandelion Mix by Red Tin Roof https://www.artfoamies.com/store/p642/RTR%3A_Dandelion_mix.html
Foambination Geometric Border by Einat Kessler https://www.artfoamies.com/store/p377/Einat_Kessler%3A_Foambination_Geometric_Border.html
Rustic by Cat Kerr https://www.artfoamies.com/store/p714/Cat_Kerr%3A_Rustic.html
Hero Arts Pigment Ink, Unicorn
Circle cutter, punch or scissors
White Paint Pen
Black Stabillo All pencil
Sewing machine / black thread
Images (photos, stickers, magazine cut outs, downloads ,etc)