Hi everyone, Josefine here and I’m super excited to share this art journal page with you. I used the journal that I made for my first ArtFoamies tutorial (you can find it here) and I thought it would be fun to share with you how I decorated all the pages.
Here is what the page looked like before I started.
First, it needed more layers. So, I grabbed one of the n*studio Geometric Small foam stamps and stamped that pattern all over the background. I used similar colors than the ones I used for the original background and mixed up green and blue.
In order to not waste all the paint that I had left on my craft mat, I used one of the other stamps from the same set and added them to the background.
On to the base for my focal image. It had to be a bright color, but one that doesn’t over power the green/ blue of the background. I picked yellow, brayered it onto the Fleur de Lis from Ann Butler and stamped it onto the left side of the page.
The original background had a pink colored circle in the back. I wanted to pick up that color in the foreground somehow and decided to stamp the small flower from Lisa Walton’s Japanese Crest Set in a peach – pink color randomly all over the page. In addition, I stamped Einat Kessler’s Woman Power, first the outline in a silver color…
… and then to the same spot with a light beige color.
Before I added the final finishing touches, I cleaned up the two Woman Power stamps by stamping them onto one of my clean up pages. That page is coming along rather nicely, don’t you think?
At the end, I added a negative picture and a short sentiment to the page.
Here are some close ups of the page. I hope you enjoyed it and want to decorate some of your started art journal pages as well. Because I bet you have them somewhere ;)
- N*studio Geometric Small (https://www.artfoamies.com/store/p695/N%2AStudio%3A_Geometric_Smalls.html)
- Ann Butler Fleur de Lis (https://www.artfoamies.com/store/p549/Ann_Butler%3A_Fleur_de_Lis.html)
- Lisa Walton Japanese Crest Set (https://www.artfoamies.com/store/p658/Lisa_Walton%3A_Japanese_Crest_Set.html)
- Einat Kessler Woman Power (https://www.artfoamies.com/store/p602/Einat_Kessler%3A_Woman_Power.html)
- Dina Wakley acrylic paint in Evergreen, Peacock, Lemon, Blushing, Medieval, Elephant (or you can use any other brand/ color that you like)
- Marabu art spray in Caribbean and Reseda
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween Quote Chips (or any other sentiment that you like)
Old negative picture
Thanks so much for stopping by. Don’t forget to check out all the inspiration from the design team.