Hi everyone, Josefine here and I wanted to share the next page in my mini art journal with you. If you haven’t seen the first two tutorials yet, you can find the first one, where I created the mini journal, here; and the first page here.
I started with adding a little bit more interest to the background using the Tri & Try Again foam stamp from Balzer Designs. The colors I used were rather translucent, so the shapes would blend into the existing background.
This page already had a circle shape on the right side. I wanted to enhance it a little more, so I stamped Nathalie’s Park Blvd stamp set. This set comes with a positive and a negative side, which allows you to layer it in different colors. First, I stamped the outlines in a bright yellow.
Then the inside in an orange. Can you see the little white mark on the side of the foam stamp? That’s my guideline, so both images are lined up. I added the same guideline to the outside foam stamp and marked the position on the page with a pencil. This way, it was super easy to line up the inside of the foam stamp.
I picked one of the mushrooms from the Woodland Mushrooms set from Red Tin Roof as my focal point. To add a variety of color to it, I brayered two colors for the cap and for the stem at the same time. This way, it looks like an ombre effect on both.
To pull everything together, I added a few scribbles and some more washi tape to the page. It also needed a short sentiment and I thought that “the beauty of nature” and “breathe in” fit perfectly.
Here are some close ups of the page. I hope you enjoyed it and want to decorate some of your started art journal pages as well. Because I bet you have them somewhere ;)
Side note: I always clean my brayer and foam stamps on a scrap piece of paper or on a new page in another art journal. This time, it ended up being a nearly finished art journal page. It looks like a scene from Alice in wonderland, don’t you think?
- Balzer Designs Tri & Try Again (https://www.artfoamies.com/store/p569/Balzer%3A_Tri_%26Try_Again.html)
- Nathalie Kalbach Park Blvd (https://www.artfoamies.com/store/p504/N%2AStudio%3A_Park_Blvd_Positive_%26_Negative.html)
- Red Tin Roof Woodland Mushrooms (https://www.artfoamies.com/store/p440/Woodland_Mushrooms.html
- Darling Daisy Small
- Any acrylic paint you like. I used paint from Art Anthology in Taxi Cab and Mayan Gold, Dina Wakley Media in Lemon, Tangerine and Ruby, PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint in Hey Pesto and Mud Splat
- Washi tape
- Gel pen or other thin pen for doodles in black and white
Thanks so much for stopping by. Don’t forget to check out all the other inspiration from the design team.